Sunday, 9 July 2017

Statement

Hi.....I am sameena sandhu from lahore,pakistan.I am designer by profession.I have done my graduation in textile design in 2011 and from the last five years I am doing job in print and embroidery dept at sokamal,a clothing brand.

At national college of arts,lahore,I did my graduation in honors and I got a chance to know a lot about the basics of drawing,sculpture,designs in textiles,ceramics,drafting,and many theoratical basis subjects in history of arts and design.

In the second to third year I learned about design,execution on fabric,weaving,dyeing,block printing,screen printing,surface construction and many more surface related techniques like crochet,embroidery with many materials.in the same year I also got a chance to participate in a competition held by british council to use the junk material for a product.as a team of five student,we won the first prize.

In the last fourth final years,I had done thesis in textiles majorly on digital prints with the emulgamation of embeoidery and silk paints.basic concept was on prints but I also printed few samples on silk fabric for scarf.

Currently I am working in textile design profession in so kamal brand, www.sokamal.com , in prints and embroidery for both pret and loose sections of apparels.

I want to get exposure further in abroad to know about the different and new horizons in design,arts and textiles.its my major concern to incorporate more knowledge in professional field.

No comments:

Post a Comment